ZipControl is a "point and click" front end to the freeware Info-ZIP archive utilities Zip and UnZip. ZipControl makes it easy to view and print the files in a .zip archive, extract one or more of the files, and create new archives.
ZipControl features include:
- View the list of files contained in a .zip file.
- View the contents of one or more files which are contained in the .zip file. The "view" function respects the operating system file "associations."
- Sort contained files by date, name, and path.
- Extract one or more files, define target directory during extract.
- Drag and drop files and/or folders from Desktop and folders to ZipControl to create or add to .zip file or to open the .zip file.
- Delete selected files from archive.
- Add one or more files to archive.
- Change default extract or add options/modifiers at action time.
- Settings (configuration) notebook.
- Simple, easy format with all choices displayed. No learning curve.
- On-line help.
- Numerous ease of use features.
- Search multiple disk drives and list all .zip files, sort by name, date, and/or path to assist in disk and archive management. Delete or open .zip files from sorted list.
- QwikEval: extract to temp dir. Test run or run install programs, then delete temp dir.
- Supports encrypted files--both view/unzip and create.
- User configuration information is stored in a properties file in the product directory.
- Includes an InstallZipControl program (may not be available for some operating systems).
Info-ZIP's Zip and UnZip programs are available as freeware on the Internet at various sites, including http://www.info-zip.org/. The required Zip and UnZip program files are included in the ZipControl installation file for your convenience.